Thursday, April 19, 2012

So here's the story

A short introduction.

I have been smoking for about 8 years, perhaps 5-6 of this regularly.

And this Tuesday evening, I came upon the idea (after my pack of cigarettes ended), that I should have a smoke free day. Overall, the thought of quitting has been on my mind on and off for some time now.

During yesterday, I more and more realized that I am kind of sick of smoking, or rather being addicted to it. So this blog will be a story with daily (or more frequent) updates of the thoughts, struggles etc I'm having. I hope, a place where to describe everything will make it easier for me. And if someone even happens to read this, who knows, maybe they can relate and have read something that's been of help.

Yesterday, as the day was coming to an end, I realized that I am becoming anxious, and really felt like having a smoke. I tried watching some stuff on youtube (George Carlin for example), but it did not seem to work, could not calmly sit and watch it.
So I went to bed early (around 11.30pm), yet sleep just did not come and I was twisting around all night. From around 6am I slept a bit better, but not so much. Felt crazy in this sense, but there were so many thoughts in my mind, of course most not connected to smoking, but all the crap that's been going on in my life.

Just so happens, after the gf left me, i had a bit of a drinking cycle, around 2 weeks of constantly too drunk every night. So I've combined the smokes with the alcohol too (meaning, I will try not to touch alcohol unless it's Friday, or Saturday at the latest).

Currently, it is 12pm and lunch time is coming, feels weird but I have not really wanted to smoke that badly, main thing for me is to keep repeating to myself, that "today I am going to have a smoke free day". Hopefully the plan works.

In summary: I hope I have some success with all of this. Updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it civilized :)